December 3, 2019 by Marjorie R. Rogers, MA (English), Certified Consultant
Spring is an excellent time to teach children about the science of plants; how they begin from seed and soil, and with a little water and sun they become a fruit, vegetable, tree, flower, etc. It is also the perfect opportunity to take a moment to teach your youngsters about shapes and colors by creating this very easy Shapes Vegetable Garden Kid’s Craft!
Read More – Painting Palm Pumpkins with Toddlers
Classified: Easy and is great for the toddler and early preschool crowd.
What you need:
- Orange, yellow, red, green and white construction paper
- Brown paint
What to do
Prep: For young toddlers, cut orange triangles for carrots, yellow ovals for corn and red circles for tomatoes. Also cut out some green vines, stalks, and leaves for the corresponding vegetable. For preschoolers, simply trace each shape onto the construction paper and have them cut it out on their own.
Read More – Animal Alphabet Art- Z is for Zebra
Read books about gardens, talk about growing a vegetable garden- or- grow one for yourself or in your classroom!
- Have your child sponge a large white sheet of paper brown to create dirt. Set aside to dry.
- Talk about the shape and color of each vegetable and have your child glue on the appropriate foliage and add it to the painted dirt.
- Once complete, review each vegetable shape and color. Add more vegetables and colors as the season goes on!
- Lovable Labels Friendship Pack Review and Giveaway
- Kids Craft- Hand and Footprint Chinese Dragon
- Adventures in Potty Training- Ready, Set, Go! Or Not?
About Author (Marjorie R. Rogers)
The inspiring mum of 6 who dedicates her time to supporting others. While battling with her own demons she continues to be the voice for others unable to speak out. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Get Started To Read …