This is a fun way to incorporate the letter “A” while getting your preschooler’s fine motor skills working!
What you need:
- The letter Aa from the Animal Alphabet Book
- Brown and green construction paper
- Black Paint
- Glue Stick
- Black Marker
Read More – Art Around the World- Russian Nesting Dolls
What to do:
Prep- cut a long narrow green rectangle for grass and a brown A for the anthill.
1. Have your preschoolers practice their cutting skills by cutting slits on to the top of the green rectangle to make grass. Once complete. have them glue into place at the bottom of the Aa Alphabet page.
2. Glue the anthill A on top of the grass.
3. Show them how to make an ant by using three fingertip dots. Allow them to make as many ants as they wish. Allow drying.
4. Once completely dry, discuss the parts of an ant (how may- Antennae, legs) and illustrate how to draw them onto the ants.
Read More – Positive Behavior Modification- Free Printable
Please Note: The above project is just the art and craft behind each letter of the alphabet. What do we do with each letter? We celebrate each letter of the alphabet with free printables like these. Want more? Check out this Website as well!
We also go on alphabet scavenger hunts, read alphabet books, play alphabet games, flashcards and sign language with each lesson.