May 24, 2023 by Marjorie R. Rogers, MA (English), Certified Consultant
Yes, you can have eyelash extensions when pregnant. Eyelash extensions are considered a safe cosmetic procedure during pregnancy and the risk of any harm to your baby is low. However, it is important to consult with your doctor before getting eyelash extensions as there may be possible risks involved for some women who are pregnant.
Additionally, you should only visit a reputable salon that uses high quality products so as not to expose yourself to potential toxins or irritants which could cause harm to both yourself and your unborn child. Generally speaking though, having eyelash extensions while pregnant is perfectly safe provided you take precautionary measures beforehand.
IS IT SAFE TO WEAR LASH EXTENSIONS WHILE PREGNANT?
- Consult With Your Doctor: Before getting eyelash extensions, it is important to consult with your doctor and ensure that the procedure is safe for both you and your baby
- Your doctor will be able to give you advice on any risks associated with eyelash extensions during pregnancy
- Find a Professional Lash Technician: When looking for someone who specializes in lash extension application, make sure they have experience working safely with pregnant women and are familiar with the extra precautions that need to be taken when performing this service while pregnant
- Ensure Safe Products Are Used: Ask the technician what type of glue they use on their lashes as some adhesives contain harsh chemicals which can cause an allergic reaction due to hormonal changes during pregnancy or have other potential health implications for expectant mothers
- Natural-based glues are much safer options than chemical ones so check before booking a session if possible! 4
- Avoid Certain Areas Around The Eyes : It’s also important not to place lash extensions too close to your eyes or inner tear ducts where there may be increased sensitivity from hormones released during pregnancy – again, ask your technician about this beforehand! 5
- Take Care Of Yourself Afterward : After having eyelash extensions applied, take care of yourself by avoiding rubbing them excessively or using oil-based makeup removers around the eye area as these can weaken the adhesive bond over time leading them falling out prematurely
Is Eyelash Glue Safe During Pregnancy
Eyelash glue is generally safe to use during pregnancy, as long as the product does not contain formaldehyde or other potentially harmful chemicals. However, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor before using any type of beauty products during pregnancy in order to ensure that they are safe for both you and your baby.
How Should I Lay With Eyelash Extensions While Pregnant?
When pregnant, it is important to be extra careful with eyelash extensions. It is recommended that you avoid any type of chemical treatment or adhesive on the face during pregnancy. Instead, opt for a more natural approach such as curling your lashes and applying mascara.
If you do decide to get lash extensions, make sure they are applied by an experienced technician who uses safe and quality products. You should also ask if they have experience working with clients who are pregnant as some technicians may have different techniques or products specifically designed for this situation. Lastly, always remember to cleanse your lashes regularly both before and after application in order to maintain healthy and beautiful lashes throughout your pregnancy!
Can You Get Extensions When Pregnant?
Yes, you can get extensions when pregnant. Depending on your job and company policy, you may be able to negotiate a temporary extension of your maternity leave as soon as you know that you’re pregnant. This could give you more time off from work following the birth of your baby or allow for a longer period in which to transition back into work after giving birth.
In some cases, there may also be other types of extended leave available such as parental leave or unpaid family leave. Ultimately though, it will depend on the type of benefits offered by your employer and their policies regarding pregnancy and maternity related issues.
Overall, it is best to consult with a doctor before getting eyelash extensions while pregnant. Although there are no direct studies that prove whether or not lash extensions can be risky during pregnancy, there is still the potential for irritation and allergic reactions due to the ingredients used in glues and adhesives. It is also important to consider any underlying medical conditions that may make lash extensions unsafe while pregnant.
All in all, if you’re considering eyelash extensions during your pregnancy period, it’s best to speak with your physician beforehand to assess any risks associated with the procedure.
About Author (Marjorie R. Rogers)
The inspiring mum of 6 who dedicates her time to supporting others. While battling with her own demons she continues to be the voice for others unable to speak out. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Get Started To Read …