March 25, 2023 by Marjorie R. Rogers, MA (English), Certified Consultant
If you’re planning a family trip to Sevierville, Tennessee, you’re in for a treat! Located in East Tennessee and neighbor to the famous cities of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Sevierville is a beautiful city with plenty to do and see. Whether looking for outdoor adventure or family-friendly fun, you’ll find it all in Sevierville.
To make the most of your family trip, we’ve put together a list of tips to help you plan a great vacation.
1. Choose The Right Time To Go
When planning a trip to Sevierville, choose the right time, especially if you’re with kids. You’ve got to keep their comfort and ease in mind. And the weather plays a significant role in how enjoyable your trip will be. Sevierville experiences all four seasons, so you’ll want to consider that when deciding when to visit.
- Spring is a beautiful time in Sevierville. The flowers are in bloom, and the temperatures are mild, making it a perfect time to take advantage of all the outdoor activities the area offers. However, if you’re not a fan of crowds, you may want to avoid peak tourist season, which runs from March through May.
- Summer is the busiest time of year in Sevierville as tourists flock to the area to escape the heat.
- Autumn is arguably the best time to visit Sevierville. The leaves change color, and the temperatures are cool and comfortable – perfect for enjoying all the hiking and other outdoor activities available in the area.
- Wintertime in Sevierville can be pretty magical, and January and February is the best time of the year to avoid crowds.
2. Explore the Area’s Attractions
Sevierville is a breathtaking vacation destination that offers many beautiful attractions, such as:
- SkyLand Ranch: One of the most popular Sevierville attractions, SkyLand Ranch, offers something for everyone. You can ride on The Wild Stallion, the longest mountain coaster in the Southeast, take in the gorgeous mountain views, enjoy live entertainment, and shop! They have incredible activities for children and adults, making it the perfect family-friendly spot.
- Forbidden Caverns Tour: Forbidden Caverns is a popular destination in Sevierville due to its intriguing past. It is an underground complex originally owned by Eastern Woodland Indians who mined the cave for resources to make hunting tools.
Forbidden Caverns provides stunning cave formations, an adventure for all ages, and a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Douglas Lake: Spend an afternoon lounging by this gorgeous lake and enjoy the stunning views.
- Go Golfing: Head over to River Islands Golf Club for a fun game of golf surrounded by beautiful scenery.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Find plenty of hiking trails to choose from, along with guided tours, camping sites, and other activities. Don’t forget to check out Cades Cove, one of the park’s most beautiful areas.
- Tanger Outlets: For those who enjoy shopping, Sevierville has many possibilities. Tanger Outlets is a well-known location with about 105 brands, including Nike, Ralph Lauren, Adidas, Coach, Levi’s, and more. You can browse your favorite things easily and quickly because every store is in the same spot. The best part is that you can find brands in any price range that offer a range of sizes and designs.
3. Pack Appropriately
With careful planning and packing, you can ensure your family trip to Sevierville is as enjoyable as possible.
- Bring all the essentials like clothes, toiletries, and medications. Also, make sure you have enough for each family member for the duration of your stay.
- Be sure to consider the weather forecast for Sevierville and plan accordingly. Bring plenty of layers, including waterproof outerwear and boots. If you plan on visiting any attractions outdoors, you may also want to bring a hat and sunscreen.
- Also, bring a first aid kit with all the necessary items, such as band-aids, antiseptic wipes, and pain relievers.
- Sevierville has plenty of outdoor activities and attractions for the whole family. Be sure to pack appropriate gear such as bicycles, camping gear, fishing poles, or kayaks.
- You may also want to bring items to entertain the kids while traveling or on days when the weather isn’t ideal. Bring books, toys, games, coloring books, tablets, or whatever else your children need to keep them entertained.
4. Experience Fun and Fabulous Events
When visiting Sevierville during the fall, you and your family can enjoy various fun and exciting events. Whether you’re traveling alone, with kids, friends, or a particular someone, Sevierville’s themed festivals include something enjoyable for everyone, from farmer’s markets to zombies, ghost stories to corn mazes. It’s the ideal time to discover this Smoky Mountain town’s fun side as Halloween draws near.
Millions of holiday lights shine each winter brightly in Sevierville and its neighboring cities, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Christmas at the Courthouse, a festival and tree lighting in downtown Sevierville, takes place on December 2. This enjoyable occasion has a Hallmark movie-like atmosphere and offers many chances to create enduring holiday memories.
5. Find Discounts And Deals
Finding discounts and deals on a family trip to Sevierville is one of the best ways to save money and make the most of your vacation. With all the attractions, activities, and events in the area, you can easily find something that will suit your budget.
- One great way to save money is to check out Groupon for deals and coupons on restaurants, attractions, and lodging in the area.
- Sevierville is also home to several outlet malls offering a discount on name-brand clothing, shoes, accessories, and more.
- Finally, check with your hotel or vacation rental company for any additional discounts they might offer on attractions or other amenities in the area.
Visiting Sevierville with your family can be a truly magical experience. With the right timing and preparation, you can make the most of your family trip and create lasting memories you’ll never forget.
Everyone can enjoy a Sevierville getaway, from experiencing fall events and spending time in nature to finding fantastic area attractions. Don’t forget to bring snacks and drinks to keep everyone happy if you plan to take a road trip to the nearby towns!
About Author (Marjorie R. Rogers)
The inspiring mum of 6 who dedicates her time to supporting others. While battling with her own demons she continues to be the voice for others unable to speak out. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Get Started To Read …