September 4, 2023 by Marjorie R. Rogers, MA (English), Certified Consultant
Getting pregnant with Essure is an effective and safe method of permanent birth control. The procedure involves inserting a tiny metal coil into each fallopian tube, where it causes scar tissue to form, blocking the tubes. This prevents fertilization from occurring.
To get pregnant after Essure, your doctor will need to remove the coils and open up your fallopian tubes before conception can occur. Depending on how long you have had the Essure coils in place, this could be done with surgery or hysteroscopic tubal cannulation (a method using a camera and tools passed through your va*gina). It is important to talk to your doctor about what options are best for you if you want to become pregnant after having the Essure procedure.
- Talk to Your Doctor: Before getting started with the Essure procedure, it is important to talk with your doctor about any particular risks that may be associated with the procedure
- It’s also essential to discuss any pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking that could impact the success of this particular form of contraception
- Schedule an Appointment for Essure Insertion: Once you have discussed all of your questions and concerns about the procedure with a qualified healthcare provider, it’s time to arrange an appointment for insertion of Essure coils in both fallopian tubes
- This can usually be done on an outpatient basis at a clinic or hospital setting, although some providers may require sedation or anesthesia during insertion depending on individual circumstances and preferences
- Follow Post-procedural Guidelines: You will likely need to rest after having the Essure coil inserted and refrain from strenuous activity such as exercise for several days afterwards while your body adjusts to its presence in order for proper healing and functioning of this contraceptive method take place properly
- Make sure you follow all post-procedural guidelines given by your doctor closely in order ensure successful results from using Essure as birth control device over time
- Have Sex After Procedure : If you are planning on trying to get pregnant after having had essure coil inserted , then it is advised that couples wait at least 3 months before beginning attempts at conception so that enough time has passed since insertion allowing for full effectiveness against pregnancy prevention due hormonal changes caused by coil itself
Essure Reversal Technique video
Is It Possible to Get Pregnant With Essure?
No, it is not possible to get pregnant with Essure. Essure is a permanent birth control method that consists of two small metal coils which are placed in the fallopian tubes. The coils create scar tissue around them, blocking the sperm from reaching an egg and preventing pregnancy.
Once properly placed and confirmed by an x-ray, Essure becomes 99.74% effective in preventing pregnancy and can be relied on as a form of permanent contraception without hormones or surgery.
Can You Get Pregnant 12 Years After Essure?
Yes, it is possible to become pregnant 12 years after Essure. While the risk of pregnancy with Essure is extremely low, the device does not provide lifelong protection against pregnancy. As such, over time the effectiveness of Essure can decrease due to scar tissue forming around the coils or if a coil moves out of place.
Additionally, women who have previously had children may also be more likely to experience decreased effectiveness in preventing pregnancies with Essure as compared to those without prior childbirth history. It should be noted that while becoming pregnant 12 years after essure is possible, it is still highly unlikely and uncommon; however all patients should still use additional forms of contraception when engaging in sexual intercourse if they want to ensure that pregnancy does not occur.
How Many People Got Pregnant on Essure?
It is difficult to get an exact answer to this question as it is not tracked by the FDA. However, there have been a number of reports from women who claim they got pregnant after having Essure implanted. In 2017, the FDA received more than 900 complaints from women stating that they became pregnant despite being sterilized through Essure.
Additionally, in 2018 a study published in the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology found that 1 out of 100 women became pregnant within five years after receiving Essure implants. While this does not represent all cases and does not provide an exact answer to how many people got pregnant on Essure, it serves as a reminder for doctors and patients alike regarding the potential risks associated with permanent birth control methods such as Essure.
What are the Chances of Pregnancy 10 Years After Essure?
Ten years after having the Essure procedure, the chances of becoming pregnant are extremely low. According to a clinical trial conducted by Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals in 2013, only 0.27% of participants experienced an unintended pregnancy during follow-up periods ranging from three to five years. However, as with any medical procedure, there is no guarantee that it will be 100% effective in preventing conception and pregnancy over the long term.
While the rate of pregnancies 10 years after having Essure implanted is unknown due to lack of research on this topic, it is generally accepted that if you have not become pregnant within one year of having Essure implantation then your chances for conception and successful pregnancy afterward are minimal at best. Therefore, while it may be possible to become pregnant 10 years following an Essure procedure due to unforeseen circumstances such as device failure or other unforeseeable events occurring between implantation and conception; overall the odds are slim for a woman who had been given these birth control implants ten years prior.
Signs of Being Pregnant With Essure
Essure is a form of permanent birth control that does not require surgery. It involves placing tiny coils in the fallopian tubes and can be an effective way to prevent pregnancy for up to 10 years. However, if you have had Essure placed and are experiencing signs such as nausea, vomiting, tender breasts, fatigue, frequent urination or missed periods, it could indicate that you might be pregnant despite having the device in place.
If any of these symptoms arise after receiving Essure treatment it is important to seek medical advice right away so that your doctor can properly diagnose whether or not you may be pregnant.
Overall, becoming pregnant with Essure can be difficult and require significant preparation. However, if you understand the risks and make sure to follow your doctor’s instructions carefully, it may still be possible for you to conceive. It is important that you take all necessary measures to ensure a safe pregnancy experience going forward.
Talk to your doctor about any questions or concerns you may have before beginning the process of getting pregnant with Essure.
About Author (Marjorie R. Rogers)
The inspiring mum of 6 who dedicates her time to supporting others. While battling with her own demons she continues to be the voice for others unable to speak out. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Get Started To Read …