September 7, 2023 by Marjorie R. Rogers, MA (English), Certified Consultant
To clean yeezys, mix a few drops of dish soap and warm water, then use a soft-bristled brush to gently scrub the shoe. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage the shoe’s fabric or color.
Yeezys are a popular line of sneakers designed by rapper kanye west. They are known for their unique style and comfort, which are some of the reasons why many people own a pair or two. However, like any other shoe, yeezys can become dirty and require proper cleaning to maintain their appearance.
Proper cleaning of your yeezys can help them last longer and remain in pristine condition. In this article, we will discuss the most effective ways to clean yeezys without damaging them. Keep reading to learn more.
Materials You Need To Clean Your Yeezys
How to clean yeezys: materials you need to clean your yeezys
Yeezy shoes are known for their unique design, comfortable fitting, and high demand among sneakerheads. However, like any other shoe, your yeezys will eventually need some cleaning to maintain their sleek appearance. Here are the essential materials you need to clean your yeezys effectively.
A soft-bristled brush is a must-have for cleaning your yeezys. It is gentle on the shoe’s delicate materials, making it perfect for reviving the soles of your yeezys. Use it to eliminate any dirt, dust or debris without damaging the surface of the shoes.
- Look for a brush with soft, synthetic bristles, because hard bristles can scratch the surface of the shoe, leaving it with brown or white marks.
- Use the brush to clean the bottom sole base and between the grooves, making sure every area is free from dirt for maximum results.
Also, you will need a microfiber towel to avoid damaging your yeezys. Unlike a regular towel, the texture of a microfiber towel is soft and can reach tight spaces effortlessly.
- They are excellent for wiping the shoes’ surface and drying them clean.
- Always use micro-fiber towels because some ordinary fabrics or materials can leave streaks or lint behind, making your yeezys look dirty again.
Detergent Or Cleaner Made For Sneakers
Yeezys have a unique design, and therefore not every cleaner or detergent will work correctly. You need a cleaner or detergent specially made for sneakers or athletic shoes.
- Check for detergent or cleaners with ph balance, which means they don’t contain any harmful chemicals that can damage the shoes’ texture.
- Avoid using bleach, harsh chemicals, or natural vinegar as they can deteriorate the shoe’s fabrics and discolor them.
- Be cautious when cleaning the shoes’ surface, especially the primeknit upper. Use a soft-bristled brush and cleaner/ detergent specifically crafted for your shoes.
Water is another essential tool for cleaning your yeezys. Use tap water at a temperature that’s not too cold nor too hot.
- Avoid using boiling water, as it can damage the shoe’s texture, or freezing water as it will make cleaning difficult.
Crease Protector (Optional)
A crease protector is an optional component but necessary to maintain your shoes’ shape. It keeps your yeezys looking neat and clean.
- Look for a crease protector made from silicone because it is a durable and lightweight material that does not affect the shoe’s shape.
- A durable crease protector prevents the toe area from creasing after each wear and makes the sneakers looking new every time.
Shoe Tree (Optional)
A shoe tree is another optional material that can help maintain the shape of your yeezys. It is ideal for storing the shoes when not in use.
- Look for a shoe tree that fits properly and snugly inside the sneakers. Too large shoe tree can damage your shoes by making them stretch or warp.
Maintaining your yeezys requires proper cleaning and tools to prevent the shoes from damage. With the materials listed above, you can keep your yeezys clean, in perfect shape, and looking brand new every time you wear them.
Step-By-Step Guide On Cleaning Yeezys
Yeezys are not your ordinary shoes. They require specific care, from the materials down to the detailed design. Cleaning them can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and methods, you can keep your yeezys looking brand new.
So let’s dive into the step-by-step guide on cleaning yeezys.
Remove Excess Dirt Or Mud From Yeezys.
- Remove the laces and insert tissue paper to keep the shape.
- Gently tap the soles together to remove loose dirt or mud.
- Use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to remove any remaining dirt or mud.
Mix Detergent Or Cleaner With Water.
- Choose a mild detergent or cleaner that is specifically designed for shoes.
- Mix a small amount of cleaner with lukewarm water.
Dip The Soft-Bristled Brush Into The Cleaning Solution.
- Dip the brush into the cleaning solution.
- Make sure the brush is damp enough, but not soaking wet.
Gently Brush Yeezys In Circular Motions.
- Gently brush the yeezys in circular motions, working from top to bottom.
- Use a toothbrush for hard-to-reach areas.
Wipe The Yeezys Clean With A Microfiber Towel.
- Use a microfiber towel to wipe off all the soap and dirt residue.
- Repeat the cleaning process in areas that need extra attention.
Insert Crease Protector And Shoe Tree Into Your Yeezys To Maintain Their Shape.
- Insert a crease protector to prevent creases on the toe box.
- Insert a shoe tree to maintain the shape of the yeezys.
- Allow them to air dry at room temperature.
Cleaning your yeezys may seem daunting, but following this guide should make it easier and stress-free. With a little bit of elbow grease and patience, you can keep your yeezys looking fresh and brand new.
Drying Your Yeezys
Yeezys are not only a stylish addition to your wardrobe but also an investment. Therefore, to preserve their quality and prolong their lifespan, it’s crucial to take proper care of them, including drying them correctly. Here are some essential tips to help you dry your yeezys after cleaning:
- Air-dry your yeezys at room temperature: One of the most crucial steps to drying your yeezys is air-drying them at room temperature. This process allows your shoes to dry naturally, without exposing them to excessive heat, which can damage their structure and fabric. To air-dry your yeezys, remove the shoe’s insoles and laces, and stuff the shoes with crumpled paper towels, which helps to retain their shape and absorb excess water. Then, set them in a well-ventilated area and let them dry for 12-24 hours.
- Avoid using a dryer for yeezys: Although it may seem like a convenient solution, using a dryer to dry your yeezys can be a recipe for disaster. The high heat generated in the drying process can damage the shoe’s stitching, sole, and fabric, leading to shrinkage, discoloration, and shape damage. Therefore, always opt for the air-drying method instead of using a dryer, to protect your yeezys and maintain their high-quality.
- Never leave your yeezys in direct sunlight: Similar to using a dryer, exposing your yeezys to direct sunlight can have adverse effects on their quality. The uv rays from the sun can cause discoloration, fading, and even damage the shoe’s fabric. Therefore, always dry your yeezys in a shaded place or indoors, away from direct sunlight.
Taking good care of your yeezys through proper cleaning and drying will help prolong their life span and maintain their essential qualities. Remember, air-drying at room temperature, avoiding the dryer, and keeping them out of direct sunlight are the best ways to dry your yeezys and keep them looking fresh.
Additional Tips To Ensure Your Yeezys Look Their Best
How to clean yeezys: additional tips to ensure your yeezys look their best
Your yeezys are a valuable possession that shouldn’t be ignored during cleaning schedules. Proper care can prevent degradation, extend the lifespan of your kicks and keep them looking brand new. More so, a clean pair of shoes portray good hygiene, boost confidence, and prevent foul odor.
Here are some additional tips to ensure your yeezys look their best.
Treat Stains On Your Yeezys Immediately
Stains, dirt, and scuffs may be challenging to remove if left for an extended duration. Preferably, cleaning should be done after every wear. If that isn’t achievable, it’s important to treat any stains immediately to prevent them from sticking permanently.
Pay close attention to the material of your kicks and choose the appropriate cleaning agent. For example:
- For stubborn dirt, apply a mild detergent to a soft-bristled brush and use gentle circular motions to clean. Avoid using excess water, which may discolor the fabric.
- Use a suede eraser for suede material to rub off marks gently. Avoid using water, which may damage suede material.
- For boost material, a soft sponge or cloth with warm water and baking soda can do the trick.
Store Your Yeezys In A Cool And Dry Place
Yeezys storage is as crucial as cleaning. Keeping them in the right conditions preserve their quality and longevity. Ideally, you should store them in shoe boxes or dust bags to prevent exposure to light and dust. Additionally:
- Store them in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight, which may cause the material to fade or discolor.
- Avoid storing them in damp places as this encourages the growth of bacteria, fungus, and the unpleasant odor.
- Keep them properly aligned, especially if storing for long periods, to prevent the outsole material from breaking down.
Clean Your Yeezys Regularly To Improve Their Longevity
Cleaning shoes regularly improve their lifespan and make them look newer for longer. While the method of cleaning yeezys may vary, the following points highlight the universal cleaning patterns for sneakers:
- Use a soft-bristled brush or cloth to clean any excess dirt.
- Add a small amount of cleaning agent to warm water and mix thoroughly.
- Dip the brush or cloth into the mixture and gently clean the shoes.
- Use a damp cloth to remove excess soap, and ensure the shoes are dry before storing.
Regular cleaning can prevent your yeezys from accumulating dirt and dust, and prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus. It’s important to note that some materials and colors may require specialized cleaning agents.
Following the above tips can help you keep your yeezys clean while maintaining their quality. Moreover, the extended lifespan can save you money in the long run. The next time you unbox your yeezys, strive to maintain them at top-notch conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions On How To Clean Yeezys?
How Often Should I Clean My Yeezys?
It is recommended to clean your yeezys once a week or after each use.
Can I Put My Yeezys In The Washing Machine?
No, it is not recommended to put your yeezys in the washing machine as it can damage the material.
What Is The Best Way To Clean Yeezys?
The best way to clean yeezys is to use a mixture of warm water and mild soap, along with a soft-bristled brush.
Can I Use Bleach To Clean My Yeezys?
No, bleach is too harsh on the material and can cause discoloration. Avoid using harsh chemicals when cleaning your yeezys.
How Do I Prevent Dirt And Stains On My Yeezys?
To prevent dirt and stains on your yeezys, try avoiding wearing them in muddy or wet areas and treating the material with a water and stain repellent spray.
To sum up, taking care of your yeezys is essential to keep them in good condition and extend their lifespan. With the right tools and techniques, cleaning them regularly can be easy and stress-free. Remember to never machine wash your yeezys and always use a soft-bristled brush and mild detergent.
Additionally, letting them air dry instead of using a dryer or direct sunlight is crucial. By following these tips, your yeezys will look brand new and ready to take on the world. Don’t forget to treat any stains or marks as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
With a little effort and consistency, the maintenance of your yeezys will pay off in the long run. Keep them fresh and clean for all your future outfits and adventures.
About Author (Marjorie R. Rogers)
The inspiring mum of 6 who dedicates her time to supporting others. While battling with her own demons she continues to be the voice for others unable to speak out. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Get Started To Read …