September 7, 2023 by Marjorie R. Rogers, MA (English), Certified Consultant
To clean a primo water dispenser, empty the water tank, remove the bottle and probe, and clean with a mixture of vinegar and water. A primo water dispenser is an excellent addition to any kitchen or office space.
It provides fresh, clean drinking water to employees or family members. However, to maintain its hygiene and functionality, routine cleaning is essential. Cleaning a primo water dispenser is a simple process that requires basic household items such as vinegar, water, and a cleaning cloth.
Neglecting the cleaning process can cause bacteria, mold, and other contaminants to accumulate in the dispenser leading to health risks. Regular cleaning will not only ensure the safety of the water but also prolong the longevity of the dispenser. In this article, we will discuss an easy and effective way to clean a primo water dispenser.
What You Need
How To Clean Primo Water Dispenser?
Are you looking for ways to clean your primo water dispenser? Cleaning the dispenser is a crucial step in ensuring that it works as it is supposed to and maintains good health standards. In this section, we will discuss the necessary items and dos and don’ts of cleaning the primo water dispenser.
List Of Items Required To Clean The Primo Water Dispenser:
In cleaning your primo water dispenser, you will need the following items:
- Soap or detergent
- White vinegar
- Clean water
- Microfiber cloth or sponge
- Cleaning brush or toothbrush
A Brief Explanation Of Why These Items Are Necessary:
- Soap or detergent – this is used to clean the exterior of the dispenser. It removes dirt, grime, and stains.
- White vinegar – it helps to disinfect the water dispenser. Vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which kill germs.
- Clean water – it is used to rinse and flush the dispenser after cleaning. It ensures that soap and vinegar residues are completely gone from the dispenser.
- Microfiber cloth or sponge – this is essential in cleaning the exterior of the dispenser. The cloth picks up dirt particles and grime, leaving it clean and shiny.
- Cleaning brush or toothbrush – this helps you to clean hard-to-reach areas and removes dirt from the dispenser’s faucets.
Dos And Don’Ts Of Cleaning:
- Ensure that the water dispenser is unplugged before cleaning to avoid electrical hazards.
- Clean the exterior of the dispenser with soap and water. Use a microfiber cloth to prevent scratches.
- Disassemble removable parts, such as the drip tray and water guard, for cleaning.
- Use a toothbrush or a cleaning brush to scrub hard-to-reach areas.
- Rinse and flush the dispenser thoroughly with clean water to remove soap and vinegar residue.
- Replace the water bottle with a new one and disinfect the mouth breather and the bottle cap.
- Use white vinegar to disinfect the interior of the dispenser. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Clean the dispenser at least once a month to maintain good hygiene standards.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals such as bleach and ammonia as they can damage the dispenser’s plastic material.
- Don’t submerge the dispenser in water as it can damage the electrical parts.
- Don’t forget to unplug the dispenser before cleaning.
- Don’t neglect hard-to-reach areas as they can harbor bacteria and germs.
- Don’t forget to disinfect the mouth breather and bottle cap to prevent contamination.
Cleaning your primo water dispenser is crucial in maintaining its durability and good hygiene standards. By following the dos and don’ts of cleaning and using the necessary items, you can keep the dispenser clean and shiny at all times.
A Detailed Guide On How To Clean The Primo Water Dispenser
Cleaning your primo water dispenser regularly not only ensures that you have clean and safe drinking water but also extends the life of your machine. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean your primo water dispenser.
- Turn off the power and unplug the dispenser from the power source.
- Drain the water from the dispenser by turning its faucet on until all the water has been emptied.
- Remove the water bottle from the dispenser and take off the baffle by twisting it counterclockwise.
- Detach the reservoir from the water dispenser by removing the screws that hold it in place.
- Pour a cleaning solution into the water reservoir and scrub it with a cleaning brush, paying attention to the corners and crevices.
- Rinse the reservoir with clean and warm water to remove any cleaning solution residues.
- Clean the baffle by soaking it in warm soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing it with a brush.
- Rinse the baffle with clean water and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Reattach the reservoir and baffle to the water dispenser and replace the water bottle.
- Fill the dispenser with water, plug it in, and turn on the power.
Tips And Tricks To Ensure That It Is Cleaned Thoroughly
Apart from following the step-by-step guide, here are some additional tips and tricks to ensure that your primo water dispenser is cleaned thoroughly:
- Use a cleaning solution that is specifically formulated for water dispensers.
- Make sure to rinse the reservoir and baffle thoroughly to remove all traces of cleaning solution.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to clean the dispenser to avoid damaging its interior.
- If there are stubborn stains on the dispenser, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to remove them.
- Clean the dispenser every 3-4 months to keep it in good condition.
Common Mistakes To Avoid During The Cleaning Process
When cleaning your primo water dispenser, there are some common mistakes that you should avoid to prevent damage to the machine or contamination of the water. These include:
- Using bleach or other harsh chemicals to clean the dispenser, as these chemicals can damage the interior and leave harmful residues.
- Not rinsing the dispenser and baffle thoroughly after cleaning, which can result in a bad taste or odor in the water.
- Cleaning the exterior of the dispenser with abrasive materials that can scratch its surface.
- Not turning off the power and unplugging the dispenser from the power source before cleaning.
- Not cleaning the dispenser frequently enough, which can lead to bacterial growth and other issues.
By following this step-by-step guide, tips, and tricks, and avoiding the common mistakes, you can ensure that your primo water dispenser is always clean, safe, and functional.
Maintenance And Prevention Tips
Steps To Keep Your Primo Water Dispenser Clean And Hygienic On A Daily Basis
Maintaining a clean and hygienic primo water dispenser is crucial to ensure optimal performance and safe drinking water. Here are a few simple steps that you can follow on a daily basis to keep your water dispenser clean and hygienic:
- Start by unplugging your water dispenser and placing it in a well-ventilated area.
- Remove the water bottle and the drip tray from the dispenser.
- Use a clean cloth or sponge to wipe the exterior surfaces of the dispenser and the drip tray.
- Use warm soapy water to clean the inside of the drip tray and the water reservoir.
- Rinse the drip tray and water reservoir with clean water and wipe them dry with a clean cloth.
- Reassemble the dispenser, and you are good to go!
Methods For Preventing Future Build-Ups And Ensuring Longevity
Prevention is better than cure, and this applies to maintaining your primo water dispenser as well. Here are a few methods you can use to prevent future build-ups and ensure the longevity of your dispenser:
- Use only primo water bottles that are recommended for your dispenser’s model and size.
- Make sure to clean the dispenser every time you replace the water bottle.
- Refrain from using any chemicals or cleaners that are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep your dispenser away from direct sunlight and heat sources to avoid overheating and mineral build-ups.
- Change the water bottle frequently and don’t let it sit for too long, as stagnant water can cause bacterial growth.
The Importance Of Maintenance And Regular Checks For Optimal Performance
Regular maintenance and checks are essential to ensure that your primo water dispenser is performing optimally and dispensing safe and clean drinking water. Here are a few reasons why maintenance and regular checks are crucial:
- Regular maintenance can prevent mineral and bacterial build-ups, which can impact the taste and quality of your drinking water.
- Maintenance and cleaning can also ensure that your dispenser is running smoothly and efficiently, avoiding any malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Regular checks can identify any potential issues early on and help in resolving them before they escalate into bigger problems.
- Proper maintenance and checks can also prolong the life of your dispenser and save you money in the long run.
By following these simple maintenance and prevention tips, you can ensure that your primo water dispenser is running optimally, dispensing clean and safe drinking water for you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions Of How To Clean Primo Water Dispenser?
How Do I Clean My Primo Water Dispenser?
Cleaning a primo water dispenser is easy. First, unplug the dispenser, remove the bottle, and take out the probe. Then, wash the exterior and interior of the dispenser with soap and warm water. Finally, sanitize the dispenser with a mixture of water and bleach.
How Often Should I Clean My Primo Water Dispenser?
We recommend cleaning your primo water dispenser every 3-4 months. If you notice any buildup or debris in the dispenser, clean it immediately. A clean water dispenser ensures that you always have fresh and safe drinking water.
Can I Use Vinegar To Clean My Primo Water Dispenser?
Yes, you can use white vinegar to clean your primo water dispenser. Mix one part vinegar and three parts water, then wipe the interior and exterior of the dispenser with the mixture. Rinse thoroughly with water and let the dispenser air dry before use.
What Should I Avoid When Cleaning My Primo Water Dispenser?
Avoid using abrasive cleaners, scouring pads, or harsh chemicals when cleaning your primo water dispenser. These can damage the dispenser and contaminate the water. Also, do not submerge the dispenser in water or put it in the dishwasher.
How Do I Maintain My Primo Water Dispenser?
To maintain your primo water dispenser, regularly clean it, replace the water bottle when it’s empty, and keep the dispenser in a clean and dry location. Also, periodically check the probe and drip tray for any buildup and replace them if needed.
Now that you know how to clean your primo water dispenser, you can ensure the continuous supply of clean and safe drinking water for you and your family. Always keep in mind that a clean dispenser promotes a healthy lifestyle and prolongs the lifespan of your dispenser.
Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for regular maintenance and cleaning. A well-maintained primo water dispenser will not only save you money in the long run, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that you are providing your loved ones with clean and safe drinking water.
So, take some time to clean your dispenser regularly and enjoy a refreshing glass of water every time. Happy dispensing!
About Author (Marjorie R. Rogers)
The inspiring mum of 6 who dedicates her time to supporting others. While battling with her own demons she continues to be the voice for others unable to speak out. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Get Started To Read …