August 15, 2023 by Marjorie R. Rogers, MA (English), Certified Consultant
Procrastination is a purposive and irrational tendency to delay essential tasks. A case in point is a student going to a library to study for an upcoming test only to spend the entire study session scrolling through Pinterest.
Putting things off habitually can have negative consequences like poor grades, reduced productivity, stress and illness, and relationship difficulties. The first step to overcoming this self-defeating behavior is recognizing that you indulge in it. From there, you can use resources such as the Mellow Flow app to beat procrastination for good.
What is the Mellow Flow App?
The Mellow Flow app is a software program designed to teach users how to stop procrastinating. It includes useful features such as daily to-do lists, mental health tips, emotional first-aid exercises, and regular progress evaluations.
Users can install and run the app on their smartphones or access it on their laptops or desktop devices through their preferred web browser. Each individual gets a personalized anti-procrastination plan aimed at improving their concentration, productivity, and well-being.
Pros & Cons of the Mellow Flow App
|1. Personalized learning plans created by specialists;|
2. Daily learning lessons based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) methods;
3. Mental exercise worksheets;
4. Daily to-do lists;
5. Constant access to assistance whenever you need it;
6. Risk-Free Guarantee permits cancellation at any time;
7. 7-day free trial;
8. Three subscription plans to choose from;
9. You can resume your lessons at any time;
|1. Video or audio lessons aren’t currently available;|
2. Limited activities;
How to Sign Up for the Mellow Flow App?
To learn how to overcome laziness and procrastination through the Mellow Flow app, you must first complete a survey. The quiz has a series of questions that help determine your level of procrastination and how it impacts your life.
Based on your responses, the app will create a personalized anti-procrastination plan to help tackle your tendencies to procrastinate more efficiently and effectively. You’ll then choose a plan, complete the purchase, and say hello to a more productive you.
Who Can Use the App?
There are various reasons why you might procrastinate. It could be because you’re a perfectionist, where the pressure to produce flawless work keeps you from meeting deadlines. Or perhaps you struggle with anxiety, so you avoid tasks out of fear of an unpleasant outcome. Or maybe you’re just poor at managing time.
If you fall into the following groups of people, you can use the app to manage your procrastination and lead a productive, fulfilling life:
- Procrastinators: you voluntarily delay an important task, even though not doing it causes you to experience negative emotions and results in negative consequences.
- Individuals diagnosed with ADHD: certain traits associated with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, such as inattention and poor time management, can lead to procrastination.
- Students: Hailikari et al. (2021) found that time and effort management skills and psychological flexibility strongly influence academic procrastination among university students.
- Individuals with poor time management: the inability to effectively allocate and prioritize one’s time to complete tasks can result in procrastination. You can create prioritized to-do lists on the Mellow Flow app to help manage your time better.
- Individuals with anxiety disorders: being overwhelmed about a task or the fear of an unknown or negative outcome can cause you to put it off till later. However, as the deadline approaches and the work piles up, anxiety increases, which in turn, causes one to procrastinate further.
What Exactly Will I Get?
Whether you’re interested in how to overcome procrastination as a student, how to overcome ADHD procrastination, or how to overcome anxiety procrastination, the Mellow Flow program offers effective procrastination solutions. These include:
- Daily lessons to teach you how to build confidence and eliminate self-doubt;
- Quick mental health tips to help you take control of your thoughts and emotions;
- Weekly check-ups to monitor your progress and ensure you’re on track;
- Personalized habit plan to help you break unhealthy habits and adopt new ones that will benefit you;
- Emotion first-aid exercises to help you cope during difficult moments;
- Handpicked content to help you manage negative thoughts and feelings you might have;
- Long-term exercises focussed on promoting positive thinking and emotional well-being;
- Engaged peer community to keep you accountable;
Once you complete your tailored anti-procrastination plan, expect enhanced focus, organized life, sustained motivation, accomplished goals, and stress-free life.
Additional benefits include feeling happier, sleeping better, and improved mental health. So those concerned about how to overcome depression and procrastination can use the app to break free from depression, which fuels procrastination.
How Much Does the Mellow Flow App Cost?
There are three subscription plans you can choose from—1-month plan, 3-month plan, and 6-month plan. Pricing will vary depending on the plan you choose, with the highest non-discounted daily price being $3 a day and the lowest being $1.47 a day. However, you can pay as low as $0.49 per day if you qualify for a discount.
If you follow the plan for at least seven consecutive days and don’t see results, you may be eligible for a refund if you request one within 11 days of the initial purchase.
How Do I Cancel My Mellow Flow Subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time from your account and still have access to subscription services until your next billing period.
Procrastinating is a normal part of human behavior. That said, getting in the habit of putting off important tasks despite the negative consequences can adversely affect one’s well-being.
The Mellow Flow app helps you overcome procrastination by organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling your daily tasks, tracking and building healthy habits, and providing motivational material.
About Author (Marjorie R. Rogers)
The inspiring mum of 6 who dedicates her time to supporting others. While battling with her own demons she continues to be the voice for others unable to speak out. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Get Started To Read …