|Valentine's Day Kids Craft: I Heart Penguins|
This is a very simple Valentine's Day Kids Craft to do with your young child. Depending on age and abilities. This easy-to-make kids craft can teach shapes (heart), colors (black and white= contrast), and fine motor skills (cutting, gluing, placement of hearts).
Classified: Easy. I worked on this with my 20 month old son. You can easily up this to preschool by having them cut out their own hearts!
What you need:
- Black, White and Orange Construction Paper
- Optional: crayons
What to do:
Prep: You will need to cut out (or trace and have your preschooler cut out): one large black heart and one white (about 1/2" smaller) for the penguins body. One medium black heart and one white (about 1/2" smaller) for the penguins head. Two long, skinny black hearts for the penguins wings. Three small orange hearts for the penguins beak and feet. And two small black hearts for the penguins eyes.
1. Have your child glue the corresponding white hearts to the black hearts to create its face and body. Glue the penguin's head to the body.
2. Glue the two long, skinny hearts to either side of the body.
3. Glue on the two orange hearts to make the feet.
4. Arrange the two small black hearts (eyes) and the small orange heart on the penguin's face and glue into place.
5. Optional: Draw in details.
Cute books about penguins:
Want more art and craft ideas? Check out my arts and crafts page here!
Linking up to these educational and crafty parties!