|Animal Alphabet Art- Q is for Quail|
Make a quail for the letter Q while your preschooler paints with feathers!
What you need:
- The letter Qq from the Animal Alphabet Book
- Shades of brown, black and white paint
- Glue Stick
- White and orange paper
Prep: The entire quail is made up of upper and lower case Q's. I hand drew mine, however if you need a stencil to follow you can download one here for free! Otherwise cut out: 1 large upper case Q for the body, 1 large lower case q for the wing, 1 small upper case Q for the head, and two small lower case q's for the feet. You will also need one orange triangle for the beak.
1. On a palette (we use old plastic plates) poor blobs of brown, black and white paint. Have your preschooler gently take a feather and glide over the top of each color and paint all the sections of the upper and lower case Q's (except for the two lower case q's which will be orange for the legs). Allow to dry.
2. Have your preschooler arrange all pieces accordingly and glue into place.
|Practice writing by adding the word "quail" to your ABC page!|
3. Draw or paint on a face.
|We used puffy paint to make a face!|
4. Glue onto the letter Qq Animal Alphabet Page!