|Food Coloring Tie-Dye Christmas Ornaments|
During the Easter 2010 season, we here at Classified: Mom created Tie-Dye Easter Eggs with food coloring and a spray bottle. Well, we did it again- this time with coffee filters and puffy paint!
Classified: Easy, messy, and a whole lot of fun!
What you need:
- Food coloring
- Coffee filters (any size)
- Tin foil
- Puffy paint (white glue will work as well)
- Water spray bottle
- Wax paper and a sink near by
- Paper towels
What to do:
1. Prep: Tear off a few sheets of wax paper that will fit the size of your coffee filter ( tear as many ornaments you will want to make.)
2. Flatten out a coffee filter and place it onto a sheet of wax paper.
3. If you decide that you want to make this a dye "resist" project, you may want to "draw" with white puffy paint or white glue first and then allow it to dry thoroughly before you Tie-Dye with Food Coloring. See below:
|Adding white glue/puffy paint first|
|Then Tie-Dye with Food Coloring|
|Adding Detail after Tie-Dye|
5. Add a few drops of food coloring here and there. Spray.
|Use small water bottles for small hands|
|Wet and rinsed Tie-Dyed Coffee Filter|
|Hook made from tin foil|
|Created by my 3 year old|
"First published at NorthTexasKids.com on 12/12/2011 by Aimee @ Classified: Mom"
Want to see more art and craft ideas? Click to visit my arts and crafts page here.
Linking to these educational and crafting parties.