|Simple Mayflower Kids Craft|
Make a simple Mayflower Craft using materials you may already have in your home! Great craft to enhance a lesson about pilgrims, the first Thanksgiving and the Mayflower. Turn a photo of your little one into a pilgrim to further engage your child!
Classified: Easy and is great for preschool- Kindergarten aged children.
What you need:
- Paper dinner plate
- Paper salad bowl
- Popsicle Sticks- 2
- Child's photograph
- Black (for boy) white (for girl) construction paper
- Brown paint
What to do:
Prep- cut the paper plate into 4 sections and the paper bowl into halves.
1. Have your child paint each half of the paper bowl brown and set aside to dry.
|3.5 and 18 month old painting their Mayflower Boats|
2. Glue the sails (1/4 paper plate) onto the Popsicle sticks accordingly and set aside to dry.
|Plates and bowls drying|
3. Once dried and set, glue together the two halves of the boat and the sails to the boat (see photo below).
|Glue boat and sails together|
4. If your child is old enough, have him cut out his own photograph and make a top hat out of black paper for a boy; or a bonnet out of white paper for a girl. Glue onto their heads and glue and adhere them to the Mayflower!
|18 month old's Mayflower with help|
Websites to explore about the Mayflower: