|Pumpkin or Frankenstein Candy Can Halloween Gift|
Moms and older children can make these Candy Can Halloween Gift with ease. Don't discount younger children though. With a little help they can be of great assistance! Total estimated price: $1.00!
Classified: Easy and is great for children (and moms) 8 and older to do independently. Younger children just need a little help!
What you need:
- Coffee Can with lid
- Orange or green felt (depending on which you make)
- Black Puffy Paint
- Glue gun (adults only)
- Knife (adults only)
- Black or green pipe cleaner (depending on which you make)
- Black Ribbon (optional)
What to do:
Preparation: Using the coffee can (clean and dry) that you selected as your guide, cut your desired piece of felt to size.
To make the pumpkin (Orange felt):
|Pumpkin Candy Halloween Gift Can|
1. I outlined the face with black marker and had my 5 year old fill it in with black puffy paint. We also practiced drawing lines with the black puffy paint to add more detail. Allow to dry for at least 24 hours.
2. Using a glue gun- adults only, please- glue the face to the coffee can, one section at a time, stretching the felt as you go. Note: depending on the size of the can and felt, you may need to attach an additional piece to cover the entire can.
3. To make the vine and stem on lid, adults cut a slit into the lid and slide the green pipe cleaner through. Bend to make a stem and a vine. If needed glue into place with a glue gun.
4. Optional- I added some black ribbon to the bottom of the pumpkin to make it more balanced.
To make Frankenstein (Green Felt):
|Frankenstein Candy Can Halloween Gift|
1. Draw an outline of Frankenstein's face onto the green felt using black marker and then retrace it using black puffy paint. Add hair as well.
2. To add the screws into Frankenstein's neck, cut slits (adults only), one on each side (just about under his ears) and slide in black pipe cleaners in. Glue into place and curl at the ends.
Allow time to dry and add treats to give as a gift!