|Spider and Web Children's Craft|
I loved doing this craft with my 3 year old daughter! She despises spiders- but really got into creating one!
Classified: Medium- there was a lot of bending and twisting for little hands! This is great for the 3 and up club!
What you need:
- Black paper
- Cotton balls
- Glue stick
- Egg carton
- Black paint
- Black and red pipe cleaners
- Wiggle eyes
- Paint brushes
What to do:
1. Cut a section out of the "egg holder" portion of the egg carton and have your child/student paint that black.
2. To make the spider web: While the body of the spider (egg carton) is drying, instruct your child/student apply the glue stick to a large section of the black construction paper.
3. Show your child/student how to stretch and pull apart a few cotton balls and have them press them firmly into the glue.
3. Pull off excess pieces of cotton so the web looks translucent and not like a cloud.
|Creating Spider Web|
4. Allow to dry.
5. When all pieces are dry, have your child/student glue the body of the spider to the web.
6. Glue on the wiggle eyes and add a mouth using a piece of the red pipe cleaner and having your child/student bend it to make an expression (happy, sad, scared, etc.)
7. Show your child/student how to bend the legs out of pipe cleaners by folding them in half. Assist them in gluing the eight legs to the body.
Spider books to read: