|Painting Palm Pumpkins with Toddlers|
My youngest has just about hit the 17 month mark and has a very big interest in coloring and painting (which makes momma excited as well!) For this little project, we explored paint by using the palm of our hands and fingers to create pumpkins (jack-o-latterns) in a field.
Classified: Easy and is great for toddlers and young preschool-aged children.
What you need:
- Black, orange, green and brown paint
- White paper
- A paint brush to paint the toddler's hand
- Supplies to clean little hands and faces of paint!
What to do:
2. Guide them into making eyes, noses and mouths using their little fingers in black paint. Talk about each facial part as you are working together. Create a stem and leaf using their fingers as well.
3. Dip each finger of your toddler into green paint and guide them as they make fingerprints for grass.
4. Dry and hang.
Fun pumpkin books for toddlers:
Linking to these parties.