|Design your Own Keepsake Hand Palette Art Smock|
Whether your child is going back to school or doing art projects around the house, this simple Hand Palette Art Smock is a great keepsake and is fun to create! Great for letter recognition and spelling with little ones!
Classified: Easy and is fun for kids of all ages!
What you need:
- Acrylic Paint- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, brown, black and white.
- Letter stamps - or - potato. We carved the letters A-R-T out of a potato (see photo for example)
- A piece of sturdy cardboard
- Masking Paint
- Clean-up materials
1. Prep- we cut the letters A-R-T out of potatoes because we do not own letter stamps. You can do this as well. Just remember to allow them to dry out after you cut them into shape and before you begin to stamp them! Fit the shirt around the sturdy piece of cardboard and cut into shape (see photo). This is important so the paint does not bleed through to the back of the shirt.
|Fold your tee-shirt snug around a piece of sturdy cardboard|
|Cut Letters out of potatoes for shapes|
2. To make Palette: Paint your child's hand and fingers brown. Paint each finger tip a separate color (ROYGB) and print onto the center of the shirt. Add details if needed.
|Palette hand print.|
3. Have your child print the words A-R-T onto their tee-shirt with the letter stamps. Assist if needed.
5. If your child is old enough- they can paint out (or using paint markers) the word S-m-o-c-k and his or her name.
6. My 3-year old wanted to add some paint splats because she saw Mom's art smock from when I was a teacher. Needless to say it was very colorful.
7. Dry and wear with all our art projects!