|Animal Alphabet Art- V is for Vulture|
What you need:
- Brown and yellow paper
- V Letter stencil
- The letter Vv from the Animals Alphabet Book
- Light brown, red and grey paint
- Black marker
- Toothbrush or paintbrush
- Wiggle Eye
What to do:
1. Prep: Trace a large letter V onto brown paper with an extra flap on either side. Have your preschooler cut it out. Trace two legs and a beak out of yellow paper and a head out of brown. See photo below.
|Vulture cut outs|
2. Start by having your preschooler paint the V (with flaps) with light brown and grey paint with a toothbrush (for added texture). It is okay if the two colors mix.
|Painting with toothbrush|
Then paint the vultures head with this mixture and adding a little red. Allow all items to dry.
|Painting the vulture's head|
3. Once dry, have your preschooler cut slits into the flaps on the V to form wings. This was EXCELLENT practice for my 3 year old- as she had to get control over opening and closing the scissors while moving the paper.
|Practicing the cutting concept|
4. Glue the beak (yellow paper) and the wiggle eye to the Vulture's head. Glue the neck to the center of the V and the legs to the bottom of the V.
|Tip!!! Only glue the bottom of the neck so the head has a 3D look and feel!|
5. Fringe the wings so the individual feathers stand out. I retraced the V. Add to the Animal Alphabet Page Vv.
As always, with any page in the Animal Alphabet Book, do fun activities around the letter Vv. We have playing ABC games and worksheet pages to go along with our alphabet adventure.