|Animal Alphabet Art: G is for Gorilla|
What you need:
- The letter G from the animal alphabet book
- Brown Construction Paper
- The letter G stencil
- Brown paint
- Black marker
- Sheet of white paper
What to do:
1. Prep- we traced the letter G stencil onto brown construction paper with black marker and added gorilla-like arms and legs (see photo). Cut out.
|The Letter G's for the parts of the Gorilla|
2. Draw an oval/circle with black marker onto the separate sheet of paper that matches the same size/circumference as the stencil letter G and paint in with brown paint. This will be the gorilla's belly. Paint your child's hand brown and print it onto this same sheet of paper. This will be the gorilla's head and hair. Allow to dry and cut out.
|Hand and belly painted|
3. Glue the painted body and head to the Gg animal alphabet page.
4. Glue the G gorilla body on top of the brown painted oval/circle and the arms and feet according to the photo.
5. Have your preschooler draw in the face with black marker.
We even colored the letter G in "G"reen and glued it onto green paper!
Want to learn more about gorillas? Teach your child how to use Google or Safe Search for Kids to look for information and images on the World Wide Web. Try searching for "Gorilla Facts for Children" and see what you discover. Just to be safe, I always recommend looking at sites first so you can guide your child through the World Wide Web. Having a content filtering system is also a wonderful tool to have when using the Internet with children.