|Summer Fun Kids Craft- Hand and Feet Palm Tree Collage Art 3 year old|
Classified: Medium and is great for preschool-aged children and up.
What you need:
- Acrylic paint: brown, pink, green, blue, orange, purple and white
- Paint brushes
- White paper
- Canvas (I used cardboard)
- White paper
What you do:
|Hand and feet painted for palm trees|
2. Discuss with your preschooler how the sun looks when it sets in the evening. What colors do they see? Use shades of blue, pink, orange and purple. Teach them how to blend into one another. I found using white first and then painting over it helps with the blending concept. Allow to dry.
|Add coat of white first|
|5 year old sunset|
|3 year old sunset painting (in pajamas!)|
3. Add glue to the bottom half of the canvas and/or cardboard and apply sand. Allow to dry.
4. Cut out the palm tree pieces and glue together on the sunset landscape. If your preschooler is old enough have them cut it out him or her self!
|My 5 year old's masterpiece!|
Of course we read the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
My little man even got in on the art project. And of course I had to turn it into a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ABC palm tree!
|My 1 year old son's Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Palm Tree|
For older children you can have them paint in detail a palm tree on a separate sheet of paper and then cut it out - or have them create a printing plate of a palm tree (foam plate) print it first and then cut out. They can even add in detail, such as; seagulls flying, beach blankets, waves, etc.
This post has been linked to the following parties!