|S is for Swan|
What you need:
- The Letter "S" page from the Animal Alphabet Book
- The letter "S" stencil
- Black marker
- Black paint
- White Tissue Paper
- Orange paper
- Paintbrushes and cup of water
What to do:
1. Prep: Trace the S stencil onto the "S" paper and draw a "Swan Shape" around the S (See photo below). Helpful hint: if you are making this for a large class you can draw out or trace my photo below and then make photo copies. As a class or group, tear and crumble the white tissue paper into small balls.
|Click to make larger|
2. Using watercolors, have your preschool paint in the letter "S" and paint a background. Allow them to be creative.
|"It's the process.... not the product."|
3. Have your preschooler apply glue within the swan shape and glue on the white tissue paper crumbles.
|Make tissue paper crumbles|
|Gluing tissue paper onto swan|
4. Paint on the Swan's eye with your preschoolers fingertip and black paint.
5. Cut a small triangle out of orange paper and glue on.
6. Optional: my daughter and I painted an outline around the swan and highlighted the S in the swan's neck. This, of course, is optional.
Ideas for "S" activities:
Go for an "S" scavenger hunt and collect items that start with the letter "S".