Classified: Easy and is great for preschoolers!
What you need:
- Paper dinner plate *must be 100% paper
- Liquid Starch
- 1 part acrylic paint to parts water (any color)
- Small bathroom cups
- Pan or cookie sheet
- Wax paper or drying rack
- Light pink tissue paper
- Pom Poms
- Black acrylic paint
1. Read this post how to Marbleize with everyday household items. Marbling the plate gives it an awesome iridescent shine and gives it an oyster look. We used bronze and barn red for our acrylic paint colors.
|Using a plate|
2. Once the plate is dry, fold in half. On the inside glue the pink tissue paper for the oyster body and marble for the pearl.
3. Eyes. Optional: Glue two white pom poms to the top of the oyster shell and dot two eyeballs using your fingertips with black paint.
|Closed Oyster Craft|
|Open Oyster Craft|
A good oyster book: The Little Oyster by Emily Fary
Linking to these parties: Educational Hops