Classified: Medium and can take some time to dry! Good for ages 4 and older.
What you need:
- Clay pot
- Blue (or other color), white and black acrylic paint
- Tacky glue
- Blue (or other color) felt
- Optional: to hang you will need string or yarn and a large bead.
What to do:
1. Paint the clay pot blue (we used various shades) and allow it to dry.
2. In the meantime, draw out 8 arms on blue felt and cut out. If your child is handy with the scissors, allow them to cut out on his or her own.
|What the legs should look like|
3. Glue the arms to the bottom (well, in reality the top) of the upside-down clay pot. Allow time to dry. When ours was completely dry we painted over the tops of the felt arms with blue paint to make it blend in. You don't need to do this.
|Adding on the 8 arms|
4. Paint on eyes and a mouth.
5. If you would like to hang your octopus/squid- simply thread a string through the hole of the clay pot and tie the string around a bead. This will anchor the string into place and make it easier for you to hang.
We read the book:
Great Web sites about squids for kids: National Geographic for Kids, Buzzle.com