|Sombrero Clay Pot Craft for Cinco de Mayo|
Classified: Easy and is fun for children of all ages!
What you need:
- 4" Clay Pot
- 6" Clay Saucer
- Brown, white, red and green acrylic paint
- Decorating Accents- beads, pom poms, glitter, etc.
- Acrylic sealer
- White Glue
What to do:
Preparation: Glue the 4" clay pot to the center of the 6" clay saucer and allow to dry.
1. Have your child paint the Sombrero brown and allow to dry. Acrylic paint dries rather quickly. During this time you can discuss with your child/students what a Sombrero is using children's books and online resources.
2. Once dry, your child can now add details with paint, beads, pom poms, glitter, etc. using the green, white and red Mexican color scheme.
3. Dry completely and cover with acrylic sealer.
4. Once the Sombrero is completely dry you can now add the Mexican Jumping Beans (Jelly Beans) into the brim of the hat and display!
|Sombrero Clay Pot Craft for Cinco de Mayo as a Candy Dish for Mexican Jumping Beans (Jelly Beans)|
|My 5 year old added glitter, green paint and beads to his Sombrero.|
|My 3 year old added glitter, green and red paint, pom poms (not shown) and beads to her Sombrero.|
Vocabulary: Mexico, Cinco de Mayo, Sombrero