|Gigi Wall Plaque|
|Grandma Wall Plaque|
Classified: Hard due to the fact that it takes a while to complete this project because there are multiple steps. Great project to work together as a family, or by an adult alone.
What You Need:
- Wooden Letters
- Wooden Circles (or other shapes to hang photos from)
- Wood Glue
- Staple Gun
- Acrylic Paint
- Acrylic Sealer
- Paint Brushes
- Framing Screw Eyes
- Framing Brass Plated Hangers
- Popsicle Sticks
- Jewelry Chain
- Jewelry Jumprings
- Any Additional Accents
- Hammer & nail
- Optional: Glue Gun
What to Do:
1. Paint the letters according to the style and colors you would like to use. Please Note: This is where I had my children help me. Allow to dry and seal with sealer.
2. Depending on what style of letters you have will depend on how you adhere them together. I started by spelling the word upside and backwards) and glued them in between. I then had them dry for about 24 hours and stapled for extra support.
3. In the mean time, the kids painted the Popsicle sticks and wooden circles to go along with our color scheme. Once the paint dried and sealed, I then glued the Popsicle sticks across my personalized name to help support each letter. Grandma obviously needed a lot more help than GiGi or Mom would.
4. Glue the photograph(s) onto the wooden circle(s) (or other shape) and allow to dry.
5. DO NOT TOUCH for at least another 24 hours. Short on time? You can use a hot glue gun!
6. Now for the tricky part: to hang the photographs from the personalized name. First, plan out how you want your photographs to hang. How many photographs you want to hang will depend on a number of factors, such as; the length of the personalized name, number of children (grandchildren), size of letters, etc. After you have planned out your photographs, take a screw eye and twist it into the selected letter.
7. Using the jewelry chain and the Jewelry jumprings, attach the chain to the screw eye. It is easier to use a pair of pliers to pry the jumpring open and shut. Cut desired length. Repeat as needed.
8. To attach the wooden circles: If you can find wooden ornaments (a circle with a hole on top) use this- it's easier! Otherwise, get your hammer and nail ready if you're like me and could not find them at this time of the year! Gently hammer a nail through the top of the wooden circle to create a hole. String a jewelry jumpring through the hole and attach it to the chain.
9. Adhere the Framing Brass Plated Hangers to the back of the Personalized Picture Plaque using glue or glue gun. You may need at least 2 to hang correctly.
Happy Mother's Day