Classified: Easy. Well, easy enough that a baby can do it!
What you need:
- Orange and yellow finger paint (or non-toxic tempera)
- Yellow feathers
- White and orange construction paper
- Photo of your baby
- Glue stick (non-toxic)
- Any item that is needed to keep clean!
What to do:
1. Preparation: cut a 7" long oval out of white construction paper.
2. Paint your babies hands with yellow paint and print onto the white construction paper. Then paint their feet with orange paint onto the same piece of white construction paper and allow to dry.
3. Cut out the hands and feet when thoroughly dry.
4. Coat the white oval lightly with glue from the glue stick and set in front of your baby. Depending on the size of your feathers, give them enough feathers so that it will "fill" the oval. Allow time to play and help press the feathers in place. Remember- what goes in the baby's hand will go into the mouth! Stay close ;-)
5. Cut a small triangle out of orange construction paper for the chick's beak.
6. Cut out your baby's face from your selected photo.
7. Assemble according to my example and glue into place.
|Playing with feathers. He was upset because they kept sticking to his hands!|
**During the time of this post my baby was 11 months old.**