Classified: Easy and is good for toddler and up.
What you need:
- Toilet paper roll
- Colored construction paper (various colors)
- Glue sticks
- Tissue Paper
- Blue and yellow, and any other color paint
- Popsicle Stick
- Cleaning materials
- Optional: Photograph
What you do:
Preparation: Cut medium size hearts (4) out of colored construction paper (color of child's choice). If working with preschoolers, have them cut the hearts out on their own. Cut a medium sized circle out of construction paper for the center of the flower.
1. Have the toddler/preschooler assemble the flower by gluing the four heart petals to the center of the circle with all the points meeting together.
2. Optional: Cut out the photo of the child. Have them glue it to the center of the flower.
3. Dab some blue and yellow paint onto a sheet of 5x5" white paper. Have the toddler/preschooler mix the colors together to create green. Paint the white paper and Popsicle stick. You will be using this for the stem and leaf of the flower later. Ask "What do you thik blue and yellow make when mixed together?" Allow them to answer.
4. Have the child select what color they would like to paint their tube. My daughter wanted to paint it pink and blue- in which she discovered that it made a shade of purple as well! (red + white (pink) + blue= light purple)
5. Allow all pieces to dry.
6. Cut the painted green paper into leaf. Have the toddler/preschooler glue the leaf to the stem and the stem to the flower. Dry.
7. Write "Happy Mother's Day" onto the vase using marker. Note: if child is capable, allow them to write the message or at very least their name!
8. Place the flower into the center of the "vase" and gently push the tissue paper down around the stem to hold the flower into place.