- Paper. various sizes, colors and weights.
- Glue. White Glue, glue gun, glue sticks and decoupage glue.
- Paint. Acrylic, tempera, finger and even oil!
- Chalk. Great for both indoors and out!
- Thread and yarn.
- Paint, tooth and sponge brushes for painting.
- Recycled Material (jars, paper tubes, tissue boxes, etc.)
- The great outdoors- leaves, sticks, rocks, etc.
- Anything to color and draw: food coloring, crayons, markers, colored pencils, oil pastels, chalk pastels, pencils, charcoal pencils and chalk. (Chalk is great for both indoors and out!)
- Anything to cut: scissors, scrap-booking decorative scissors, etc.
Top Ten Tuesdays- Must Have Art Supplies for Kids
Whether you are a parent, art teacher, child care provider, or an elementary teacher, the following is a great reference to have. It is a very general list that encompasses children of all ages in the area of both art and crafts. Remember, regardless of the age of the child "It is the process not the product."