What you need: (per chick)
- 2 yellow pom poms
- 1 orange pipe cleaner
- 1 5x5" piece of yellow felt
- 2 Wiggle Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun & sticks (for adult assembly) - or - Fabric glue for child assembly
What to do:
The quick and easiest way to accomplish this craft is by using a hot glue gun. I made 1 chick in less than 5 minutes. For that reason I am going to explain the following instructions by using a hot glue gun:
1. Gather all materials and turn your hot glue gun on.
2. While the hot glue gun is warming up, cut two wings and a tail out of the yellow felt.
3. Cut a 1/2" piece from the orange pipe cleaner to make the beak. Bend together and twist the ends. Make a slight fold where the ends meet to make it easier to glue the beak to the chick's face.
5. Now for the assembly! Glue the 2 yellow pom poms together to form the head and body. I used 2 pom poms that were the same size simply because I think it's too cute how baby chicks always look like they are one big puff of yellow fluff. You can choose your own sizes.
7. Glue the wings on each side of the body and the tail on the back.
8. Glue the feet at the curve of the U and attach it to the bottom half of the chick.
9. Give it one minute to dry before you pull away any fly-away glue strands. Helpful Hint: Take a blow dryer to it to eliminate all the glue strands with ease!