Classified: Hard- you will need some drawing and/or painting experience.
What you need:
- Oval wooden plaque
- Pencil and eraser
- Various shades of acrylic paint- including white
- Wooden egg halves (size depends on size of bunny. Hold off on purchase until you know what you will need.)
- Picture Frame Screw Eye
- Small flower heads
- Cup of water (for paints)
- Wood Glue
- Acrylic Sealer (if wanted)
What to do:
~ I suggest painting the plaque and egg half white before you draw or paint. This is to ensure that the paints don't soak into the wood and allows for easier application. ~
1. To draw the bunny:
Start by drawing the basic shapes- circle for the head, oval for the body, legs and ears.
Add details (See examples below).
Please Note: If you are not able to draw an Easter Bunny, you can always take a drawing you like and trace it onto your plaque using graphite paper.
2. Draw in the background- keep it simple.
3. Paint accordingly, adding detail as the paint dries. Helpful Hint: Paint the background (the sky), then the middle ground (the bunny) and then the four ground (the grass).
5. Glue the finished egg into the arms of the Easter Bunny.
6. Allow to dry.
7. Optional: Seal with Acrylic Sealer.
8. Glue on small flower heads.
9. Hang and enjoy!
What a printed PDF Tutorial? Click here.