Classified: Medium and is best suited for children 9-12.
Click Here for the history of St. Patrick
What you need:
- Green, orange and white 12 x 18" construction paper. 2 Sheets each.
- Pencil, rulers, protractors, etc.
- Glue sticks
What to do:
|Example: I traced the clover 3 times and cut it into thirds.|
- Make a basic flag of Ireland using the orange, white and green construction paper. Divide into 3 equal parts.
- Using very simple outlines, make some St. Patrick's Day icons out of the remainder orange, white and green construction paper. Depending on how intricate the design, you may want to trace one icon multiple times onto each of the three colors of paper to extend the design over the entire flag. See example.
- Allow for creativity- emphasizing the Principles of Art: Balance, movement, unity, harmony, variety, emphasis, proportion, and rhythm.
- Add words if desired.