What you need:
- Cardboard (a shirt box works well here)
- White, red, green and brown paper
- White glue
- Red and brown paint
- Spatula (one that you will not be using anymore)
- Preparation: Cut and put into separate piles: white paper into thin long rectangles for the cheese toppings; small red circles for pepperoni, green triangles for green peppers, and brown ovals for mushrooms. Mix 2/3 red paint to 1/3 glue to make the pizza sauce.Cut the cardboard into a large circle for the pizza crust.
- Once all the materials are set, have your toddler spread the "sauce" with the spatula and quickly add the white rectangles while you introduce the shapes to her.
- Using the glue, your toddler should then adhere the rest of the ingredients (shapes) to the pizza. Make sure to talk about each shape as they are glued onto the cheese!
|What shape ingredients can you come up with???|