Classified: Easy and is great for preschool- first grade students with little variations.
What You Need:
- White Tempera Paint
- Mouth and tooth template
- 12x18" Red construction paper
- 9x12" black and yellow (one sheet each) of construction paper
- Glue Stick
- For younger children, trace and cut out the teeth and mouth opening. Allow them to cut your traced lips on the large sheet of red construction paper.
- For older children- make tracers out of the templates and allow them to trace and cut the parts out themselves.
- The Template: The mouth (black), teeth (yellow), and lips (red) are all designed to be traced at the folded edge of the construction paper. Cut out two sets of teeth (one for top, one for bottom). See photo for example.
What You Do:
- Discuss with your child(ren) that their teeth are yellow due to decay and not brushing correctly. Using the toothbrush and white tempera paint, teach them how to "brush" correctly. Have them "brush their teeth" with white tempera paint BEFORE the entire mouth is assembled.
- Allow to dry.
- When dry, glue the bottom row of teeth to the bottom of the mouth, and the top teeth to the top. Trim off any excess.
- Glue to inside of the lips.
- Optional: Write an important message onto the finished product. See example.