What you need:
- Fun Foam (large sheets): purple, green and yellow (the traditional Mardi gras colors)
- Gold, green and purple glitter
- 3 Jingle Bells
- Optional: paintbrush for the younger children to paint their glue on. You can also use construction paper instead of foam sheets.
What to do:
Preparation: Use a pencil and scissors to trace and cut three 7" triangles out of fun foam (1 purple, 1 yellow and 1 green) and one 2" strip out of one of the three colors.
- Have your children draw a design with glue onto each of the triangles. Remember "It's the process not the product" that is valuable here. However, encourage some type of pattern if your child is older.
- Help your child (if younger) apply the glitter over the glue. If your child is older, allow him to sprinkle it himself.
- Glue a jingle bell to top of each triangle.
- Glue the three triangles to the strip with the base of the triangle about half way down.
- Glue beads on if desired.
- Allow to dry completely for 24 hours.
- Measure out your child's head using the strip of the hat. You may need to add another strip of fun foam.
- Staple together and celebrate with goodies!