What you need:
- Brown and black acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- Any size paper plate
- Small paper bathroom cup (example: Dixie)
- 8-10 oz. plastic or paper cup
- Red and brown construction paper
- Black Marker
- Googly Eyes
- Red pom pom
- Wax paper (for palette and glue) and Q-tip for glue application and knife to cut apple (adults cut only!)
To make the plate:
Adult: cut an apple in half. This is what you will use to print your cookie design onto the plate.
- Paint the apple with brown paint (I used a sponge brush here) and print it onto the plate as many times as you desire.
- Allow to dry. While drying, you can skip on down to the Reindeer Carrot Cup and then hop back up to complete the plate.
- Once dry, dip your child's index finger into black paint and print "chocolate chips" onto the cookie.
- Trace the outer edges of the cookie with black marker.
To make Reindeer Carrot Cup:
- Use your bathroom cup as a guide to trace his face using a black marker.
- To make his antlers, use the cup again, but this time only trace a crescent on either side of the head.
- Draw "bubble" F's (one backwards) to complete the antler drawing.
- Cut out. Or if capable, have your child cut it out.
- Glue (or draw) on his eyes, nose and mouth.
- Using the ribbon, tie a bow and glue to the bottom of the head.
- Glue the finished face to the small bathroom cup and set aside to dry.
To Make the "Milk 4 Santa" Cup:
- Using the size of your cup as guide, cut a red strip of construction paper that is long and wide enough to fit your cup.
- Decorate with crayons, glitter, ribbon, etc. Write "Milk 4 Santa" in the center of the red strip.
- Glue and wrap around cup. Allow time to dry.
Glue the reindeer cup to the plate to make it one whole unit. I am going to have my 4-year old write "For: Santa" on a piece of paper the night we leave it out with milk, cookies and carrots for............. Santa!
|One busy 2 year old!|
|4 year old hard at work!|