|Kids Craft: Paper Mache Thanksgiving Turkey|
1. Paper Mache Recipe (see below)
3. *News paper or news print (I prefer)
4. Brown Acrylic Paint
5. Paint Brushes or Sponge Brush
9. Red, Orange, Yellow and/or Brown Construction Paper
10. Google Eyes- optional
11. Black marker
12. Sewing Pins
14. Cardboard Box (cereal, tissue, any kind of recycled box)
15. White Glue and glue stick.
Paper Mache Recipe:
· 1 part flour to one part water. For a stronger mold add some white glue.
Steps (Paper Mache body)
1. Blow up a balloon about 10” in diameter.
2. Mix Paper Mache mix into a bowl.
3. Tear strips of newspaper/news print
Steps for feathers:
1. Cut out 5 or more feathers (I used orange and brown)
2. Write on each feather what you are thankful for.
3. Fan out the feathers and glue the ends together; then adhere the sides together with a glue stick.
Steps to assemble turkey:
1. Once all pieces are dry, glue the back of the turkey neck and hold it up to the flat side of the paper Mache body. Under the wattle, insert a sewing pin to hold in place until dry (adult only!)
3. Perfect for a gift!
|My 3 year old and 18 month old creations|
Link of the day:
http://www.kidzone.ws/animals/turkey.htm - fun facts about turkeys!