Looking for something easy and fun to do on a rainy October day with the fam? Here is a quick inexpensive, tasty idea for you to do.
All you need is a chocolate sucker mold, sucker sticks, chocolate melts (I used orange for the pumpkins), a heat resistant container (to melt the chocolate in the microwave, I used a glass measuring cup), wax paper, sucker bags and spoon.
1. Melt chocolate in microwave for 30-45 seconds. The melts will not melt until stirred!
2. Poor into molds; in this case I used pumpkins.
3. Place the sticks into the stick holders with about 1 inch into the chocolate mold.
4. Lightly tap onto the counter to smooth out chocolate and twirl the stick so it is covered by chocolate.
5. I stuck mine in the freezer for 5 minutes.
6. Gentle tap onto wax paper and individually wrap.
My kids loved helping with the process and it was really, really easy!
Link of the day:
http://www.candylandcrafts.com/chocolatecandymolding.htm do's and don'ts for creating chocolate molds.